Scope of Services
The Core Clinical Systems Renewal Program is seeking experienced Business Analyst resources under Panel Contract D14-0026.
The Contractor will report to a CCSRP Project Manager(s), as a 9 month contract.
The Northern Territory Government (NTG) is in the process of implementing a new client and clinical management system across all Northern Territory (NT) Health services, including acute, community, and primary care services as part of the CCSRP.
The CCSRP is a major technology program that will transform the delivery of health care services for Territorians by delivering a Territory-wide single, integrated health electronic medical record system. Working closely with the Department of Health, the CCSRP team comprises public sector employees and contractors working together to deliver multiple streams of activity as the program is implemented. The work environment is dynamic, fast-paced and results driven with high expectations of superior service delivery. The goal-state solution will enable a whole of life, client-centric view and provide integrated clinical information, shared functionality, guidance in clinical decision-making and will be easily accessible by healthcare providers and patients.
InterSystems Australia Pty Ltd has been successful in the tender process demonstrating their ability to deliver a complete end to end solution for NT Health using the TrakCare and HealthShare solutions.
The implementation of the new clinical system will be completed by the Core Clinical System (CCS) Project within the CCSRP, with the program being delivered in a number of stages and phases. The program is currently in the Solution Confirmation phase of the Solution Build Stage (as outlined below):
- Planning Phase
- Sourcing Phase
- Contract Management Phase
- Implementation Planning Study (IPS) Phase
- Design Phase
- Solution Confirmation Phase (current phase)
- Build and Configuration Phase
- Test Phase
Transition to Operational Services Stage
- Deployment Phase
The Business Analyst will work on the implementation of the CCS Project or other projects as assigned. Working within a team of Business Analysts, the Business Analyst is required to support the Project Manager in the execution of the project approach and associated plan working with the business, team members and the vendor/s as required
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Business Analyst will work across the program to support the delivery of the Core Clinical System. This includes:
- Applying business analysis techniques and tools to document requirements, objectives, outcomes, processes, procedures, work instructions and workflows.
- Working closely with Subject Matter Experts to gather and document business requirements, content required for the solution build and future state process maps.
- Working with stakeholder groups and facilitating workshops, interviews, focus groups and walk-throughs that may include, but is not limited to activities and outputs for:
- Functional and Non-Functional Requirements;
- Technical Requirements supporting architecture and integration;
- Business process mapping (BPMN2.0);
- Business engagement and organisation change;
- Set-Up activities of the TrakCare solution.
- Delivering project documentation in alignment with CCSRP business analysis and project management frameworks, on time, to expected quality standards as per scope and as agreed with the Project Manager.
- Managing traceability of all requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Developing strong working relationships with internal and external business stakeholders and vendors, acting as the intermediary between the customer and vendor.
The Business Analyst will work closely with:
- The CCRSP Business Analysis team, CCSRP Project Managers and other program resources.
- Clinicians, Business and System stakeholders where required.
The Business Analyst will manage activities and deliver key artefacts for the Core Clinical System.
Key deliverables will include:
- Functional business requirements;
- Business process maps and supporting documentation;
- Functional and technical design and solution options and /or specifications;
- Documentation to support validation and Testing activities.
The resource will be required to produce documentation in alignment with CCSRP business analysis and project management frameworks. All defined outcomes will be delivered progressively and are to be completed within the term of the contract unless agreed otherwise with the CCSRP Program Director.