The Specified Personnel will report to the Senior Data Centre Manager of the Data Centre Infrastructure Support (DCIS) team who is responsible for managing and maintaining the Department’s Data Centres.
The services will include and not be limited to:
- Designing, building, maintaining and documenting all aspects of the Department’s Data Centre infrastructure across multiple data centres, server and patch rooms;
- Leading and/or assisting with planning and execution of migration activities for both physical and virtual environments;
- Developing solution designs and following up with direct involvement in the solutions implementation;
- Implementing solutions in line with industry, vendor and Department best practice/standards;
- Providing specialist advice for projects and BAU teams to ensure “best practice” implementations;
- Working with Project Managers to define and schedule deliverables;
- Escalating issues where appropriate; and
- Regularly liaising with project stakeholders and ICT stakeholders as necessary.
Specified Personnel will be required to produce documentation relating to the project(s) assigned and in line with the Department’s strategic and architectural direction including:
- Subject Matter Expert responses addressing incident and problem management;
- Advice and documentation relating to the implementation and ongoing management of Data Centres;
In addition, the Specified Personnel will be required to produce ad-hoc reports and document future BAU procedures, which may include:
- Standard Operating Procedures;
- Change requests;
- Statement of requirements; and
- Status reports and briefing material.
- Formal ICT qualifications from a recognised institution or demonstrated skills and experience;
- Minimum of 4 years of cabling experience in Data Centre deployments;
- Demonstrated experience in data centre design and migration;
- Strong solution design and hands-on deployment within the data centre environment;
- Demonstrated ability to apply high quality detailed technical knowledge to ensure solutions are implemented effectively with a strong emphasis on high quality;
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills, particularly relevant in translating technical information to non-technical peers and stakeholders;
- Networking experience;
- Operating System administration experience.