The successful applicant will need to:
- lead, manage and deliver programmes administered by the department and report on programme performance to ensure ongoing programme effectiveness
- lead and manage programme staff and oversee the management of performance, attendance and health and well-being
- develop staff capability through coaching, mentoring and succession planning
- negotiate, engage and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver programme services, build service delivery capability and promote the department’s services
- attend interagency meetings and forums to obtain and share information
- represent and negotiate on behalf of the department to advance the department’s interests at external, cross-agency, inter-jurisdictional and other forums
- provide specialist advice, procedural guidance and interpretation to staff, including strategic advice and operational intelligence to the Executive were appropriate
- develop and implement work plans to meet demands and respond to change, providing strategic direction for work area and allocating resources.
- Work with senior leadership to engage key stakeholders and establish and build collaborative relationships with government and non-government sectors.
- Manage programme budgets, staffing resources and associated corporate reporting
- Identify and monitor risks, develop mitigation strategies and escalate issues as appropriate
- A minimum of 8 years in project leadership roles (multiple examples of delivering projects a value $15m+).
- Experience in large scale complex government project delivery - preferably with delivery experience across whole of government.
- At least one of the following project management qualifications:
- PRINCE2 in conjunction with MSP
- Masters of Project Management
- Certified Practicing Project Manager (CPPM)
- Certified Practicing Senior Project Manager (CPSPM)
- Experience in delivering projects that include agile teams (We are not looking for a scrum master).
- Membership of professional project management institutions such as PMI or AIPM.