- Location: Melbourne, Vic (minimum 3 days onsite per week)
- Working rights: Australian Citizen / Permanent Resident
- Contract timeframe: 6 months
The Royal Melbourne Hospital (“RMH”) is one of Victoria’s most important hospitals and is located in the world-renowned Melbourne Biomedical Precinct (“MBP”). It is a state-wide provider for major trauma and infectious diseases services and provides sector leadership and excellence in trauma care, stroke, neurosciences, nephrology, oncology, cardiology and genomics. As a leading academic tertiary/quaternary service, the RMH plays a vital role in the MBP to deliver leading health services for the most acute cases and support the translation of major breakthroughs in biomedical research.
The Arden Urban Renewal Precinct (or Arden Precinct) is a major urban renewal project in Melbourne’s inner north-west and is part of the government’s Priority Precincts. The Arden Precinct is ideally placed to be an international innovation and technology precinct, with a focus on technology, life sciences, health and education sectors. Linked to the MBP by the new Metro Tunnel, the express link between the RMH City Campus site and the Arden Precinct will provide an exciting opportunity for the RMH to develop a new site and contribute to the activation of the Arden Precinct.
The proposed redevelopment of RMH and relocation of services to the Arden Precinct provides an exciting opportunity not only for RMH but also the Royal Women's Hospital (RWH). The development of purpose-built, state of the art facilities which would provide Ambulatory/ Elective Surgical services, linked to low-risk birthing services within the Arden Precinct is a once in a generation opportunity. Activating the Arden Precinct and bringing people, activity, research and education to the precinct while creating a strong synergistic link to the MBP.
Phases of the project to be led/coordinated by the Project Director will include but not limited to:-
- Clinical Service Planning,
- Model of Care development (post-pandemic),
- Functional Briefing,
- Capital Planning inclusive of Masterplanning and Feasibility Study preparation
- Investment Planning (Business Case development) for public sector health and human services infrastructure.
- All activities shall be undertaken within the nominated timeframes and to the satisfaction of VHHSBA, DHHS and its stakeholder partners.
As noted earlier, VHHSBA will be engaging separately;
- Service Planner
- Clinical Health Planner
- Principal Consultant
- Quantity Surveyor
The successful Project Director must demonstrate:
- significant experience in working with multiple complex governments and other major institutional stakeholder organisations
- significant experience in managing the service planning and front-end engineering and design of complex health, academic and research projects. significant experience in high value and high-risk capital health projects across Australia and internationally
- significant experience in the strategic planning of state priority projects
- significant understanding of and experience in communications planning, (i.e. stakeholder engagement) specifically in social infrastructure projects
- significant experience delivering compelling Full Business Cases that achieve an overall green rating at an independent Gateway 2 review
- exceptional understanding of the Victorian health system, governance and delivery
- commitment to good built environment design and the role vibrant precincts play in the creation of ongoing value for government
- commitment to innovation in care delivery through health service and the client endorsed post-pandemic and evidence-based models of care and service delivery
- commercial acumen in the financing and deliverability of major government investment opportunities
- significant experience in and dedication to the development and maintenance of robust risk assessments, buildability and assurance reviews to provide government and its partners with investment confidence
- experience in property identification and acquisition models informing commercial arrangements for site development
For the full PD and overview, please reach out to ASPL recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org