Senior Developer (ETL):
- Location: Darwin, NT
- Contract timeframe: 6 months with 3 months extension option
- Client: Reach out to ASPL recruitment group at email@example.com for further information
- Working rights: Full working rights
- Clearance requirement: A current Police Check (Valid within the last 12 months) and Working with Children Clearance (WWCC)
The Senior ETL Developer will be responsible for:
- ETL development of identified datasets including functional specification, data modelling, system design, test plan and unit testing of the ETL modules for an end to end data accuracy.
- The development project has to work in alignment with the broader DAT program, including:
- Incremental project development methodologies like Agile.
- Priorities based on the broader DAT program.
- Appropriate test plan development and developer-driven unit testing
- Integration testing in collaboration with all DAT stakeholders and the integration testing must ensure all functionalities as well as performance criteria.
- All development in the EDW must follow development guidelines of the client's data warehouse which covers data modelling, SQL server infrastructure and storage and ETL development.
The nominated resource must, at a minimum, possess the following skills and experience:
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated experience in the design and development of contemporary data warehouses including dimensional modelling, Extract Transform Load (ETL) programming, and Business Intelligence tools, preferably in a similar technical environment using the Microsoft Technology Stack.
- Demonstrated experience in systems analysis and design covering complex data modelling, functional and technical specifications, system design and implementation.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and produce agreed deliverables within quality, scope, time and budget tolerances.
Skills and Certification
- A minimum of 5 years’ recent full-time equivalent ETL experience working with similar enterprise-level data warehouses is required. Relevant Microsoft experience/certifications (aligned to the technical environment outlined in section 1.2) is preferred.